What is clinical Pilates? Downtown clinical Pilates is a comprehensive form of assessment and exercise treatment that is tailored to your individual needs through specific exercises for improved physical conditioning. You can take our 1-1 private Pilates sessions, small group and duet 2:1 sessions.
The first step is to book a 1:1 assessment with one of our clinical Pilates instructors. During this session you will be physically examined, including muscle and biomechanical testing. You will discuss your personal goals whether it’s to be able to do a handstand by the end of the year or if you need rehabilitation for an injury or symptomatic pain.
Once the initial assessment has been completed and the framework to your program has been written you can then participate in the small group sessions. Our small group sessions are a class of yourself along with a maximum of 2 other students. The instructor will individually set you up with exercises and progress you through a series tailored to you throughout the class. This class is your time to work directly with the instructor, indicate what you want to work on or seek advice. You will truly see the benefits of clinical Pilates while attending these sessions, they are complementary to all types of lifestyles whether it be very active or office-based work.
For almost ten years our highly accredited team of clinical Pilates’ practitioners have provided specialised treatment for thousands of clients across many forms of recovery and rehabilitation, including:
- Musculoskeletal conditions (back pain, neck pain, muscle strains, nerve impingements, ligament strains, joint problems)
- Post-operative rehabilitation (Gait (walking) re-training, joint replacements, joint reconstructions)
- Sports Injuries
- Neurological rehabilitation (stroke rehabilitation, spinal injuries)
- Casts and splints for fractures and other conditions
Our objective is to ensure that you enjoy a better quality of life by improving and optimising the utility and movement of your body across all aspects of life; at work, at home, with the kids, at sport or the gym. Over time our clients can enjoy the benefits of:
- Improved Core stability
- Improved Postural control
- Improved Body awareness
- Improved flexibility and overall wellbeing
- Reducing the presence, and/or risk of pain
- Reducing the risk of re-injury
- Learning skills in how to self manage your injury
- Decreasing the risk of your injury progressing
- Improve strength and conditioning
CALL OR E-MAIL OUR RECEPTION TEAM TO BOOK YOUR ASSESSMENT TODAYBOOK NOW