As the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation develops we want to assure you that we are working hard to keep our community safe. We are taking proactive and preventative action within the studio. We understand that your weekly classes are important when it comes to maintaining good mental and physical health. And we want you to know you can feel confident in continuing to attend them. All classes are continuing as planned.
In addition to the regular and thorough cleaning routine, we have put in place the following measures:
- Instructors will limit manual corrections and will focus on verbal cueing.
- The mat/reformer cleaning spray contains isopropyl alcohol to disinfect after each class.
- We have upped the frequency of disinfecting contact points in the studio including the iPad used for signing in, door handles, taps etc. These are disinfected multiple times per day.
- Instructors are limiting the use of props in classes.
- Functional Fitness and Lift classes will work to personal stations rather than a circuit.
- We already limit our class sizes. But have further reduced the capacity in selected classes so that you can keep a safe distance from other clients.
- We have hand sanitiser pumps in or outside every classroom and in all common areas. We ask that you wash your hands or use hand sanitiser before and after every class.
- We have paper towels for drying hands in the kitchen.
- It is currently understood that sweat cannot transfer the virus. In any case, clients are always welcome to use a towel during class, you can place this under your hands or over your mat, bolster or props. We provide clean hand towels at reception free of charge.
- If you are experiencing any flu-like symptoms please refrain from coming to practice until you get the all-clear from your doctor.
It is up to everyone to keep good hygiene practices to reduce the spread to those who are more vulnerable. The health, safety and wellbeing of our students and staff is our priority. You can help minimise the spread of illness by following DHHS advice, which includes: Regularly washing your hands; coughing or sneezing into a disposable tissue or your elbow; and avoiding touching your face, mouth, eyes and nose.
We thank you for your continued support and for looking out for one another.
The Downtown team