STOTT PILATES® Intensive Mat-Plus™
This course will run over the 4 weekends in May 2019. It is suitable for current health professionals with prior teaching experience, as well as career changers who would like to begin their Pilates training while still working full time.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- The STOTT PILATES Five Basic Principles
- Essential, Intermediate, Power workouts
- Flex-Band, Fitness Circle and Arc Barrel variations
- Effective communication and observational skills
- Verbal cueing and imagery for performance enhancement and client motivation
- Theory and practice of postural analysis
- 63 exercises plus modifications for specific body types, postural issues and conditions
- How to incorporate resistance equipment to support and intensify exercises
- Exercise layering related to effective program design
- Workout composition for personal and group training
DATES:4/5 May 2019 (Saturday/Sunday)
11/12 May 2019 (Saturday/Sunday)
18/19 May 2019 (Saturday/Sunday)
25/26 May 2019 (Saturday/Sunday)
The course will begin at 12pm and finish at 5.30pm on each day, with a 1 hour lunch break.
GENERAL COURSE OBJECTIVES:
- How to apply STOTT PILATES biomechanical principles of core stability, breathing and alignment to all exercises
- A complete breakdown of each exercise
- Exercise goals, muscular initiation and movement sequencing
- Modifications to increase or decrease exercise intensity
- Modifications for specific body types and postural issues
- How to recognize optimal and less than optimal movement patterns
- A variety of programming options to keep clients motivated
- Effective communication, verbal cues and imagery for performance enhancement and client motivation
REQUIREMENTS OF CERTIFICATION:40 hours of instruction and supervised teaching
Minimum of 10 hours of observation
Minimum of 30 hours of physical review
Minimum of 15 hours of practice teaching
Total: 95 hours
ADVANCED MAT: Take your training to the next level
Date: 1 June (Saturday)
Time: 12pm - 6.30pm.
The Advanced (Level 2) program begins with a review of relevant Essential and Intermediate exercises, then students learn to apply STOTT PILATES® biomechanical principles to exercises that require a higher degree of strength, balance and coordination. These courses can be taken immediately after the corresponding Level 1 course or as a series of courses.
Our Advanced programs continue to provide a balanced and thorough blend of theory, observation and practical experience to help you master the repertoire. This 6 hour course held over one-day, progresses to Matwork to more advanced material, providing further options and challenges on the mat for highly conditioned clients. Exercises require a high degree of strength, balance and coordination.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- Muscular initiation and sequencing of Advanced-level exercises
- Multiple variations for variety and intensity
- 13 exercises
- Please note: In order to start this Advanced course, students must have completed the Essential and Intermediate repertoire taught in the Level 1 courses.
VIEW STOTT PILATES® COURSE PRICING & PAYMENT PLANSVIEW PRICING
TEACHER TRAINER - MICHELLE SCOTTMichelle Scott is from Sydney, Australia, and has both a Bachelor of Education and Bachelor of Arts (Dance) degrees. She became a fully certified STOTT PILATES Instructor in 2003, and later that year went on to become an Instructor Trainer. She is now a Lead IT for Merrithew™ specializing in the STOTT PILATES full repertoire.
Over the past 14 years, she has taught hundreds of STOTT PILATES courses and workshops in the US, Canada, Brazil, Hong Kong, New Zealand, the Philippines, and the UAE. Michelle is an intrepid traveller who loves an adventure.
LOCATIONDowntown Studio is located on Little Collins Street in the heart of Melbourne’s CBD with excellent public transport links and parking, and only a 30-minute drive from Melbourne Airport.
Affordable weekend parking is available a 5-minute walk away at Galleria Car park for $10 per day on Elizabeth Street (until 6.30pm), or a 10-minute walk away at Federation Square car park for $14 per day on Flinders St (until midnight).
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
ENROLMENTS ARE OPEN, WILL YOU BE JOINING US?ENROL NOW
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTSWorking knowledge of functional anatomy, and prior participation in an anatomy course that covers in detail the human musculoskeletal system, and includes muscle attachments, actions and basic biomechanics.
Acceptable courses include the STOTT PILATES Functional Anatomy course or a university or college level anatomy or physiology course (minimum 20-25 hours of in-class instruction).
Online courses may be accepted provided that they amount to a minimum 20-25 hours of learning and include homework assignments, tests and/or a final examination.
Minimum 30 hours participation in Pilates classes/workouts. (working out to the Essential STOTT PILATES Matwork DVD can contribute to some of these hours). While we recommend that you have some prior experience teaching movement or fitness, applicants with a strong history of Pilates participation and/or experience instructing students/clients in another field.
REQUIRED MATERIALSEducation material
Matwork & Reformer Support Materials Book*
Reformer Course Package
Essential Reformer Manual 2nd Ed.
Intermediate Reformer Manual 2nd Ed.
Essential Reformer DVD, 3rd Ed. (2 disc set)
Intermediate Reformer DVD, 2nd Ed. (2 disc set)
Note: The Matwork & Reformer Support Materials Book is required for IMP and IR courses but only needs to be purchased once and can be used for both.