STOTT PILATES® Intensive Reformer™
This course will show you how to design and lead the Level 1 Essential and Intermediate STOTT PILATES Reformer repertoire for personal or group training settings for a range of clients. You will leave with a solid foundation and required skills to develop effective and motivating Pilates Reformer programs. While Intensive Reformer may be taken prior to Intensive Mat Plus, we recommend completing Intensive Mat Plus first.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- The STOTT PILATES Five Basic Principles
- Essential, Intermediate, Power workouts
- Effective use of the reformer to enhance torso stability and strength, peripheral extremity conditioning, joint stability, flexibility, balance and coordination
- Effective communication and observational skills
- Verbal cueing and imagery for performance enhancement and client motivation
- Theory and practice of postural analysis
- 139 exercises plus modifications for specific body types, postural issues and conditions
- How to incorporate resistance equipment to support and intensify exercises
- Exercise layering related to effective program design
- Workout composition for personal and group training
DATES:2020 Dates TBC
GENERAL COURSE OBJECTIVES:
- How to apply STOTT PILATES biomechanical principles of core stability, breathing and alignment to all exercises
- A complete breakdown of each exercise
- Exercise goals, muscular initiation and movement sequencing
- Modifications to increase or decrease exercise intensity
- Modifications for specific body types and postural issues
- How to recognize optimal and less than optimal movement patterns
- A variety of programming options to keep clients motivated
- Effective communication, verbal cues and imagery for performance enhancement and client motivation
REQUIREMENTS OF CERTIFICATION:50 hours of instruction and supervised teaching
Minimum of 10 hours of observation
Minimum of 40 hours of physical review
Minimum of 25 hours of practice teaching
Total: 125 hours
ADVANCED REFORMERDates: 4,5,6 October (Friday/Saturday/Sunday)
Times: Friday 9-5pm; Sat/Sun 11.30 - 6pm each day.
The Advanced (Level 2) program begins with a review of relevant Essential and Intermediate exercises, then students learn to apply STOTT PILATES® biomechanical principles to exercises that require a higher degree of strength, balance and coordination.
These courses can be taken immediately after the corresponding Level 1 course or as a series of courses.
Our Advanced programs continue to provide a balanced and thorough blend of theory, observation and practical experience to help you master the repertoire.
Learn to use the various Reformer components and accessories to intensify reformer repertoire and provide a stimulating workout for athletes, dancers, and highly conditioned clients.
Held over 3 days this 18 hour Advanced course teaches exercises in the repertoire that require greater strength, stability and flexibility.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- Muscular initiation and sequencing of Advanced-level exercises Multiple variations for variety and intensity
- 70 exercises
- Please note: In order to start this Advanced course, students must have completed the Essential and Intermediate repertoire taught in the Level 1 courses.
VIEW STOTT PILATES® COURSE PRICING & PAYMENT PLANSVIEW PRICING
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
TEACHER TRAINER - MICHELLE SCOTTMichelle Scott is from Sydney, Australia, and has both a Bachelor of Education and Bachelor of Arts (Dance) degrees. She became a fully certified STOTT PILATES Instructor in 2003, and later that year went on to become an Instructor Trainer. She is now a Lead IT for Merrithew™ specializing in the STOTT PILATES full repertoire.
Over the past 14 years, she has taught hundreds of STOTT PILATES courses and workshops in the US, Canada, Brazil, Hong Kong, New Zealand, the Philippines, and the UAE. Michelle is an intrepid traveller who loves an adventure.
LOCATIONDowntown Studio is located on Little Collins Street in the heart of Melbourne’s CBD with excellent public transport links and parking, and only a 30-minute drive from Melbourne Airport.
Affordable weekend parking is available a 5-minute walk away at Galleria Car park for $10 per day on Elizabeth Street (until 6.30pm), or a 10-minute walk away at Federation Square car park for $14 per day on Flinders St (until midnight).
ENROLMENTS ARE OPEN, WILL YOU BE JOINING US?ENROL NOW
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTSWorking knowledge of functional anatomy, and prior participation in an anatomy course that covers in detail the human musculoskeletal system, and includes muscle attachments, actions and basic biomechanics.
Acceptable courses include the STOTT PILATES Functional Anatomy course or a university or college level anatomy or physiology course (minimum 20-25 hours of in-class instruction).
Online courses may be accepted provided that they amount to a minimum 20-25 hours of learning and include homework assignments, tests and/or a final examination.
Minimum 30 hours participation in Pilates classes/workouts. (working out to the Essential STOTT PILATES Matwork DVD can contribute to some of these hours). While we recommend that you have some prior experience teaching movement or fitness, applicants with a strong history of Pilates participation and/or experience instructing students/clients in another field.
REQUIRED MATERIALSEducation material
Matwork & Reformer Support Materials Book*
Reformer Course Package
Essential Reformer Manual 2nd Ed.
Intermediate Reformer Manual 2nd Ed.
Essential Reformer DVD, 3rd Ed. (2 disc set)
Intermediate Reformer DVD, 2nd Ed. (2 disc set)
Note: The Matwork & Reformer Support Materials Book is required for IMP and IR courses but only needs to be purchased once and can be used for both.